This month’s column is packed with recent activities, including a spotlight on the San Diego Chapter and an interview with Luke Hausherr, the new chapter president. You’ll also find an update from the IPC Designers Council Executive Board as collaboration with the new IPC Education Foundation continues to evolve and recommended reading featuring an interview with a young designer.
by Luke Hausherr, CID+
San Diego Chapter
On March 12, the San Diego Chapter hosted our first meeting of the year. Presenter Michael Goode discussed IC package design. It was a very informative meeting, and we learned a lot about the different types of IC package design and how it is done. The audience was very engaged with over 25 people in attendance.
We also hosted our officer elections. Here are the newly elected officials for the San Diego Chapter:
- Luke Hausherr, chairman (president)
- Ben Savage, vice chairman
- Bill Gebhardt, treasurer
- Judy Warner, education director
- John Carney, secretary
- Bob Griffith, member at large
Our chapter’s plans for this year include:
- Working with the national IPC council to obtain more funding
- Creating a website for our chapter to attract new members
- Working with colleges and other avenues and existing connections to attract new members
- Hosting an event at the Del Mar Electronics and Manufacturing Show (DMEMS), our biggest event of the year
As usual, the chapter meeting ended with a raffle giveaway where many people won prizes to take home. I’d also like to thank San Diego Chapter members and the new leadership team for all of their support as I take on this new role and hope to contribute to the success of the chapter.
To read this entire column, which appeared in the April 2019 issue of Design007 Magazine, click here.