Reading time ( words)
Sustainability, smart technologies and workforce development will take center stage at SEMICON West 2022 Hybrid, July 12-14 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, as more than 200 industry leaders, visionaries and technology experts convene to present insights into the latest trends, innovations and developments across the microelectronics supply chain. The event, North America’s premier exhibition and conference for the microelectronics supply chain, will feature on-site keynotes, fireside chats, and executive panels with thought leaders from the semiconductor ecosystem, academia and government. Registration is open, visit SEMI’s website.
With decarbonization building momentum worldwide, the Global Sustainability Summit will debut at SEMICON West 2022 Hybrid to help drive the collaboration necessary for the semiconductor industry to reduce its carbon footprint. Co-hosted by SEMI and McKinsey & Company, the summit comes as semiconductor manufacturers are increasingly committing to sustainability targets. In parallel, SEMI member companies are joining forces with startups to enable a greener chip industry as part of the SEMI Sustainability Initiative.
SEMICON West 2022 Hybrid will also highlight opportunities for overcoming other worldwide challenges such as unmet demand for chips and the semiconductor workforce shortage while addressing key themes including government investment in chip manufacturing, digital transformation, and heterogeneous integration.
“With strong progress on CHIPS Act passage and significant new fab investments in the U.S., we’re thrilled to welcome back key semiconductor industry players to SEMICON West in July to explore new business and collaboration opportunities at the heart of continuing innovation,” said Joe Stockunas, president of SEMI Americas. “Companies from across the entire supply chain will network and showcase the latest technologies and products as we invite them to join the industry’s sustainability push, which is key for it to thrive.”
SEMICON West 2022 Hybrid Smart Pavilions
- Smart Manufacturing Pavilion – The pavilion will feature data-sharing breakthroughs that are leading to smarter manufacturing processes, higher yields, and new semiconductor innovations. Thought leaders will engage attendees at the Meet the Experts Theater on topics including advances in sensors, processors, memory, 5G, and silicon photonics for improving data-sharing across the microelectronics supply chain. Emerging IC technologies for connected intelligence in electronics manufacturing will also be in focus.
- Smart Mobility Pavilion – Leading all new application spaces in chip growth, the transportation and mobility markets promise to fuel the expansion of segments such as flexible hybrid electronics (FHE), MEMS and sensors. The pavilion will also showcase semiconductor industry growth opportunities through advances in areas including autonomous vehicles, Internet of Things (IoT) applications, 5G and artificial intelligence (AI).
- Smart MedTech Pavilion – The pavilion will focus on future MedTech markets and applications and include technology demonstrations. Industry experts will discuss medical wearables and point-of-care instrument innovations driven by development of MEMS-based sensors and actuators.
- Workforce Development Pavilion – Building the microelectronics industry’s talent pipeline to sustain the current pace of innovation and growth is a top priority. Targeting both new strategies for recruiters and tactics for job seekers, the pavilion will highlight entry-level opportunities, searching for a job during uncertain times, and why microelectronics is a smart career choice.
SEMICON West 2022 Hybrid Sessions
- SEMI Market Symposium – Market trends and drivers and a midyear update on forecasts and insights on semiconductor equipment and materials, electronics design, and the manufacturing supply chain.
- Bulls & Bears – Perspectives on key semiconductor industry trends from Wall Street analysts in a moderated panel discussion.
- TechTALKS – Discussions with experts on advanced manufacturing, materials, silicon photonics, MEMS and sensors, and heterogenous integration.
- Test Vision Symposium – Insights from providers and users of test IP and equipment on coming trends and innovations.
The FLEX Conference, the annual event focused on flexible hybrid and printed electronics innovations, and the Design Automation Conference (DAC), the premier gathering focused on the design and design automation of electronic circuits and systems, will co-locate with SEMICON West 2022 Hybrid.